I work too much.
I am too dedicated to my work.
And, damn, I am good at what I do!
The problem is: if I work a lot, and I am competent, and I am careful not to leave minor, but potentially annoying problems behind, is it worth it?
The answer is: NO!
Nobody gives a damn if the server is rebooting less, nobody gives a damn if we are using top technology for no cost ( I am focused on Free Software), th point is: all the user wants is an icon of his favourite app , that works.
Nobody fucking sees improvements in IT because improvements in IT are behind the scenes!
I am tired of that. I am almost giving up and relaxing, sitting back in my chair and watching the day go by, and fuck any improvements. Besides, I am not being paid to improve, I am being paid (and *that* is what is on my Job Description) to fix computers and reinstall Windows. If the company doesnt want to pay me for doing my job, then I will do the job I am being paid for.
I just wish my high morals and ethics would allow me to do that.
Related topic: If a tree falls in the forest.....
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário